Monday, March 12, 2012

Unexplained Infertility

Well, the results are in and my husband and I have what they call "unexplained infertility." As far as I can tell this is good news, all results are normal. Now they want me to have a laparoscopy to check for endometriosis and other possible abnormalities with my tubes, ovaries and uterus. I'm a bit nervous about the fact that I'll need general anesthetic and that the recovery might be painful but I haven't come this far in the testing process to stop just before the last step.

 After this surgery, and of course depending on the results, we may do artificial insemination. This is a tough issue for my husband and I'm a bit surprised by his reasoning. He thinks that insemination is a too unromantic way of getting pregnant. He would rather we wait a bit longer before going that route. I don't know if he's fully aware of how unromantic this whole process has been for me so far but either way, it's not something I can force on him. I hope he'll come around soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment