Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things Looking Up

Wow, I think the wave of despair has passed for the rest of the month. I had my tests last week. Normal results for the ultrasound and the hysterosalpingographe, just waiting for the results from the blood tests. My husband is getting his tests this week too so... good! At least we're doing something. As long as I'm actively participating in this not being pregnant thing I can deal.

 Chalet weekend with friends will do me some good. I think it's the first time we're going away just the old climbing gang. Sometimes I wonder if I regret not climbing anymore. I think I regret not being able to will myself to drive all that way. I still can't make myself do it though.

  My new thing, walking to work and listening to silly teen fiction audiobooks. 5.75km goes by in no time when there are werewolves and vampires along for the ride no?

  I hope I can keep this up and curb the binge junk food/wine habit a little. I'd really like to be in better shape. It sounds like a cliché but I don't think there's any point to deny being body obsessed when you are. Even if it makes me less of a strong, confident woman, I still would be lying if I denied it. I look down and I don't like what I see. Seriously, is there  any angle more unflattering than looking straight down at your belly? I feel like I'm going to have to be concave before I stop thinking I'm huge.

  I've started a new philosophy class and I think it's going to be fun. The only problem I often run into is the fact that I abhor putting into words what I think the author meant by what he wrote. I suck at it! But I somehow still don't mind trying. This is the 2nd philosophy class of 3 and I did pretty badly (75%) so my goal is to get 80% on this one. Baby steps. It's not easy to start studying again after 10 years. Especially when it comes to something that isn't a passion. I wish my veterinary technician course didn't have all these general courses lumped in with the vet stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment